Introducing the UQ Ochsner graduating Class of 2019

12 December 2019

The University of Queensland Ochsner Clinical School has celebrated the graduation of Class of 2019 at a Culmination Ceremony in New Orleans.

Faculty of Medicine Executive Dean, Professor Geoff McColl said achieving an academic award is seldom managed without the support of those nearest to us.

“The Culmination Ceremony is a wonderful time for students to share their celebration with the people who have supported them during their journey – their family, friends and the academic and professional staff of UQ and Ochsner.”

The path our UQ Ochsner graduates chose to take for their medical degree is somewhat less travelled but one that has shaped them into truly global doctors.

Reading of the Hippocratic oath
UQ Ochsner Class of 2019

Recent graduate, Dr Bhumit Desai said the Class of 2019 is a very special group of people.

“I can proudly say I would not be the person I am today without the friends I have made at Medical School.

“We have been through so much together, moving across the world is not an easy thing to do, but the support system is what got me through it,” Dr Desai said.

Watch more graduate interviews: https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17870107048521602/